The mission of the Red Deer Pickleball Club is to facilitate the growth of pickleball in Central Alberta for the enjoyment, health and social engagement of all players by offering organized recreational and competitive play, by ensuring opportunities for the continued development of all players in an inclusive, welcoming environment. RDPC has adopted the following Code of Conduct regulations:
- Learn and play by the official rules of pickleball as set out by USAPA and supported by Pickleball Canada and Pickleball Alberta.
- Always display good sportsmanship while playing and observing – win with modesty and lose with dignity.
- Always display behaviour that demonstrates the values of respect, fairness, integrity, honesty and transparency to all other players both opponents and partners, volunteer officials, lesson coaches, guests and community members.
- Under no circumstances should any member display any behaviour or action that constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as a comment or conduct directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious.
- Under no circumstances should any members use profane language or gestures during or after play on the courts.
- Always strive to make correct line calls, but remember that if there is any doubt, you should call the ball “in”.
- Always dress in a safe and appropriate dress and footwear; refrain from offensive logos, designs, words, and phrases on clothing.
- While the play is in progress, limit distractions to players which may be such actions as entering on the courts or creating a distraction that disrupts the game.
- Always stop play whenever an unsafe situation arises, such as a stray ball, rain on the courts or a player becomes injured. Offer assistance when reasonable and able to.
- Always behave in a manner consistent with the RDPC’s mission, by leading by example, displaying respect and showing self-control.
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action by the RDPC Executive as outlined by Red Deer Pickleball Association Bylaws