RDPC WINTER PLAY AND SAFETY REMINDERS Revised Oct 13, 2020
* PLAY ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ITS ONY A GAME. YOUR LIFE IS IMPORTANT!
* DO NOT PLAY IF YOU FEEL SICK
You are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid 19; mild to severe respiratory illness, fever, coughing, sore throat or any other symptoms identified by Alberta Health Services
Have been in contact with someone with Covid 19, within the last 14 days
Are a vulnerable individual with serious underlying health conditions, including, but not limited to high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma or whose immune system if compromised by chemotherapy
* SANITIZE HANDS UPON ENTERING
You are encouraged to bring your own sanitizer, use it often, especially after each match.
Avoid touching your face after touching a ball or paddles, or when you hit a stray ball to another player
Avoid all physical contact with other players; for example, no shaking hands or tapping paddles, return opponent’s ball using your foot or paddle, same will apply to errant ball that may come into your court, please hit or kick back as accurate as possible.
*AVOID GATHERING IN GROUPS BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR SCHEDULED SESSION AND BETWEEN GAMES
* SERVE AND HANDLE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT (COVID PROTECTION)
It is encouraged you use your own ball but if members wish to share a ball for play, you should respect the wish of members who do not wish to share. Clean and wipe down your equipment regularly, including racquets and water bottles. do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
*TAKE CARE OF AND MONITOR YOUR BELONGINGS WHILE AT THE WESTERNER
Bring a chair to place your coat on with your sports bag
Outdoor shoes should be left on the carpet provided at the front-no outdoor shoes on the courts
In efforts to protect the health of our members playing within the RDPC sponsored Winter Play at the Westerner, the following policies apply as of Oct 13, 2020:
- Members of a RDPC Cohort group may not play in another team sport, other than Pickleball, where 6ft social distancing is not possible (AHS rule/Club Rule)
- RDPC members who belong to the same cohort may schedule play within the Westerner against players who are not part of their cohort, provided the players they play belong to the same cohort (example “pair of North cohort may play against pair of South cohort using separate balls”). It is recommended that people limit the number of partners/opponents. This should be booked during the private court time. (AHS/Club Rule)
- RDPC cohort members who play with or against players outside the Westerner except singles, immediate family, and members of their RDPC cohort will be required to refrain from joining their RDPC cohort group for a period of 14 days unless a relevant negative COVID test is submitted to the WPC (AHS/CLUB rule).
- RDPC winter play participants who do not belong to a RDPC cohort group may play singles, household doubles or with another small cohort while playing in the Westerner (AHS/CLUB rule)
- To enter the Westerner, players must be a current RDPC member and be registered in the winter play program. (CLUB rule)
- Members may request a change to another RDPC cohort group provided the member agrees not to play in any sport cohort group for a period of 14 days before joining the new RDPC cohort group or provides a relevant negative COVID test (AHS/Club rule)
- Space permitting, a new or existing member may apply to join an existing RDPC Winter play cohort group after Oct 13th if they have not already belonged to another sports cohort group. Registrations will only be accepted to start of the beginning of a month (AHS/CLUB rule)
- New memberships will be restricted to residents within the AHS Central Zone (CLUB rule)
- The WPC reserves the right to make adjustments and approvals to cohorts and schedules due to conflicts, AHS restrictions, and unforeseen challenges.